Valentina Developer Program For Priority Fixes

John W. Miescher miescher at bizdata.com
Fri Oct 14 09:16:15 CDT 2005

I agree with the comment that one has to distinuish between bug fixes
and new feature requests falsly declared as bugs.

about bugs:
My experience is that practically all bugs I reported were fixed quite
rapidly and that Ruslan has done a remarkable job in either seeing the
corrections trough or suggesting a workoraund or showing that it is not
a bug at all but an error in my programming or false interpretation of
the manual.

As a developper I already pay a high price for bugs in that I spend
extra time (sometimes late at night) which I cannot bill to customers or
even that I loose some business. When you pay for a product that has
been officially released, you'd expect it to run bugfree and to be able
to go on with your work without delay. Why pay extra for soething that
should not be there in the first place?

about new features:
It is up to the Paradigma team to decide if a new feature would be of
general interest and would thus add value to their product or if it is
just to satidfy an individual need. In the latter case I'd agree to pay
extra upon receiving a quote.

Bizgraphic - Geneva
John W. Miescher