V4RB 1.11 - Database on CD-ROM

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Oct 5 12:01:44 CDT 2005

On Oct 4, 2005, at 3:12 AM, Frank Bitterlich wrote:

> (Sorry for resending this, the first one didn't get through
> apparently...)
>
> Hi,
> I'm having an urgent problem with V4RB v1.11 (RB 5.5.5) that
> appears to show up only on Windows 98.
>
> I'm burning a CD-ROM with a little RB app and a Valentina DB for
> our customers to be executed directly from the CD. But on Win 98,
> the app refuses to open the DB; VDatabase.Open() returns false, and
> the .ErrNumber is "5" afterwards (I didn't find 5 in the docs; and
> it is a positive number, so it shouldn't be a Windows error code,
> should it?)

By any chance is the database in the root level of the CD-ROM?  I've
never confirmed this but I seem to have read once that win98 can have
issues with executables and such on the root level of a CD-ROM.  No
idea if this is true but perhaps something to take a look at if you
are having weird problems.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia