Performance metrics - some early conclusions

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Wed Nov 30 15:52:39 CST 2005

On 11/30/05 3:29 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 11/30/05 9:32 PM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm afraid I still need more help connecting the dots here because I still
>> don't understand why the following are true:
>>
> I have understand almost nothing.
>
> Let me explain what I think you need:
>
>     when you assign field new values, Valentina copy old one into
>     second buffer. This old value is required to be able update index
>     if it exists.

Ok, I get it now.  It took me a while to understand why you need it to
update the index, but it makes sense.

So V2 copies the entire record every time you call SetBlank unless you use
"forAdd" even if only one field, or none of the fields, is indexed.  Sounds
like an opportunity for optimization.

Thanks!
--Ed