kPreferIndexed

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Mon Nov 21 08:36:05 CST 2005

My understanding from reading the V4RB reference manual, is that if you
disable Indexing for a field, and then later perform a search such as
FindSingle on that field with kPreferIndexed, then at that time V4RB will
first create an index for that field as if you had enabled isIndexed=true,
and that the index will then be retained and updated as additional records
are added until you subsequently changed to isIndexed=false.

So then, if I remove an index then it will be recreated automatically the
next time I do a search that needs it.

Is all of this correct?

Thanks!
--Ed