[V4RB] VComponents path

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Thu Nov 17 21:01:56 CST 2005

I personally think Mac 'installations' should be *CLEAN*. The
application folder *SHOULD NEVER* include a big wad of libraries as I
see it is suggested again and again in that list. I personally think
is it unbelievable and astounding somebody can suggest or even
consider asking us to do that! How could Valentina developers suggest
that? I develop on Windows as well, no problem there, you create an
installer and place the files anywhere you want, the end-user doesn't
mind. Mac users have a direct access to your product folder. Most Mac
developer are very minimalists, you open the app folder and you see 2
or 3 files. Many developers have the help built-in just to be as
minimalist and straightforward as possible. Valentina developers say
that all of a sudden our applications have to look like PC folders
full of junk... I am so annoyed. I can't create bundles because I
think it is too soon right now, I am still PEFed. Bundles for RB
developers will maybe be usual in 6 months or so, with macho and
those universal binaries. Really awful... <RANT-ON>Some days I wonder
I did not make a mistake choosing Valentina 3 years ago<RANT-OFF>.
Not only my apps are now a lot bigger, now they also look crappy.
Next step will be to use an alias instead of the application to hide
Valentina junk. I fill personally molested when they ask me to do
things like if I were using a PC. A PC is a PC, great but please a
little respect about Mac people want the things done. I haven't
purchased the last G5 Quad to use it as a PC box, really! Please heed
and flag this request with maximum priority, so many Mac developers
will be really happy then!

~/Stan