[V4RB] VText Problem

Ken Jordan jordan at digi-net.com
Wed Nov 2 16:57:31 CST 2005

Similar to last (BLOB) problem.
  dim f as FolderItem = GetFolderItem( "dbTest.vdb" )
  if f.Exists then f.Delete()

  dim testDB as VDatabase = new VDatabase
  testDB.Create(f, 1, 32 * 1024, EVOs.kOSDefault )

  dim photo_table as VTable = testDB.CreateTable("ptable")
  call photo_table.CreateTextField( "pic", 1024 )

  photo_table.SetBlank()

  f = GetFolderItem("goofy.jpg")
  dim p as Picture = f.OpenAsPicture()
  dim s1 As String = PNGu.GetData(p)
  photo_table.Field( "pic" ).SetString(s1)

  call photo_table.AddRecord()

  dim bRes as Boolean = photo_table.FirstRecord()
  dim s2 As String = photo_table.Field( "pic" ).GetString()

  if s1 <> s2 then
    msgbox "not the same"
  End If

  testDB.Close
  testDB = nil
MessageBox displays "not the same" every time.
I suspect that its an encoding problem, but I've tried every kind of
encoding manipulation that I can think of but haven't been able to get a
match. Any ideas??

TIA,
Ken