Daisy-Chaining V4RB Database Opening

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 30 00:04:56 CDT 2005

On 5/29/05 11:49 PM, "Gunnar Jacobsen" <gunnar at fastpro.com> wrote:

> One of the first question I send to you was this:
>
>> My project use a lexicon file with over 1.000.000 records. So what I need to
>> do is just open the file and search in the database. Can you put some lines
>> how to open this file "FPDict.vdb" and then make a search in one table like
>> "english" This English table has 3 field "English","Icelandic" and "Abbr" and
>> I am looking after word in Iclandic field.
>
> Hmm, all this present in Exmaple1.
>
> What do this "Hmmm" mean?.

You are offended by Hmm ???

It means that answer to you question can be fond in the example1 of V4RB1
if I remember correctly.

Your ask to write FEW LINES of codes to open db and make searches...
Excuse me. We have examples how to open database and do searches.
Why I should write again that lines?

> Nest question was this:
>
>> Yes I did that when I create the file with V-Studio! What I did was that I
>> create and import record  from Microsoft Access with V-Studio. Do I need
>> to create the file with my own program?
>
> Frankly saying it is hard to comment this.
> You can try with simple project and simple data to see if this helps.

> If you think this is *silent* than I don't know what silent is.

Yes it is silent, which you keep AFTER this.

If you still did have problems, then you should continue
    * press us
    * explain us your problem
    * send bug reports
    * send projects to reproduce.

You have go away. So I assume you have resolve problem.
I did not hear any more bug reports from you or any more complains.

Btw, And even now, I re-read your questions....
And they are NOT detailed descriptions of problems.

Sorry, I am not a God, and sometimes I do not understand a problem from 2-3
lines of description.

Again. If you want play games in offences ... This have no sense IMHO.

If you want collaboration and resolve problem you should follow path which I
have describe in prev letter:
     Mantis, bug report, project that reproduce,
    detailed description and detailed steps.

I think since you are long time on this list you could note we try to help
everybody.