[V4MD] Mac database failure

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Sun May 22 20:12:16 CDT 2005

Hi,

This is a Mac-only problem. I don't have all the details yet but I wanted to get
a message posted ASAP in case anyone has seen the same thing or has any idea
what direction to go. After about 10 minutes of use of my projector, on OS
10.3.8 (G5 dual processor), Valentina seems to just stop working -- sort of. I'm
not sure what's really happening, but for example I have a function where if you
roll over a hyperlink you get an image thumbnail. The image is stored in
Valentina. Once this weirdness begins, rolling over a link causes the computer
to beep and do nothing. Click the link, it beeps again and does nothing.
Sometimes it seems like I can search the database still after this problem
starts, but then it doesn't seem like I can retrieve the media of #text members
into Director.

My main question is -- does anyone know of any Mac X weirdness that might cause
this? Everything is FINE on Windows, can use the program for hours without
anything like this happening (aside from the GetMedia problem I'm struggling
with, which I posted earlier, but which is a different issue).

I'm setting the RAM cache for Valentina to 10MB. Could this make a difference?
Are there other general settings I should try playing around with? I know
there's nothing wrong with the database or with my program in general, since as
I said it's fine on Windows.

Thanks. I'll try to post more tomorrow after I can do some tests. But if anyone
has ideas in the meantime....

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology