Speed enhancements for class-way?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 23 01:22:18 CDT 2005

On 5/23/05 12:33 AM, "Kem Tekinay" <ktekinay at mactechnologies.com> wrote:

Hi Kem,

> I was wondering if 2.0.4fc1 has speed enhancements that affect the
> class-way? I ask because I continue to be blown away by the speed of
> single-table queries. In my Zip Code table, with data imported 10 times for
> a total of 421,920 records, an OR search of three indexed fields using
> FindStartsWith(zip) takes 0.001 seconds (no, that's not a typo). MySQL, by
> comparison, takes 0.41 seconds, without a wildcard, for the same search, and
> that's just to get a count!
>
> FindEndsWith('5') on three fields takes 0.038 seconds while MySQL takes 0.46
> seconds for the same search (again, just to get a count).
>
> In fact, if I use FindStartsWith('sfsfds'), Valentina properly returns 0
> records in .001 seconds, while MySQL still takes 0.41 seconds to look
> through the three fields.
>
> If there have been enhancements, I will re-run all of my Valentina-MySQL
> comparisons, just for fun.

I do not remember serious enhancements.
I plan soon add few major improvements.
E.g. Not unique Indexes (the most often case) should work 10% faster.

No wonder that Valentina is faster of mySQL.
Valentina use not B-tree indexes, and it use other format of tables.

Be sure you do not see yet full speed of Valentina 2.
Few bottlenecks must be fixed.