Speed enhancements for class-way?

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Sun May 22 17:33:01 CDT 2005

I was wondering if 2.0.4fc1 has speed enhancements that affect the
class-way? I ask because I continue to be blown away by the speed of
single-table queries. In my Zip Code table, with data imported 10 times for
a total of 421,920 records, an OR search of three indexed fields using
FindStartsWith(zip) takes 0.001 seconds (no, that's not a typo). MySQL, by
comparison, takes 0.41 seconds, without a wildcard, for the same search, and
that's just to get a count!

FindEndsWith('5') on three fields takes 0.038 seconds while MySQL takes 0.46
seconds for the same search (again, just to get a count).

In fact, if I use FindStartsWith('sfsfds'), Valentina properly returns 0
records in .001 seconds, while MySQL still takes 0.41 seconds to look
through the three fields.

If there have been enhancements, I will re-run all of my Valentina-MySQL
comparisons, just for fun.