[V4RB] ImportText not working

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Sun May 22 17:06:45 CDT 2005

On 5/22/05 4:07 PM, Frank Schima at macsforever2000 at goodeast.com wrote:

> FYI, ImportText is working fine for me in 2.0.4fc1. My code is:
>
>    theImportCursor = mDatabase.SQLSelect(theSQLString,
> EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kReadWrite,
> EVCursorDirection.kRandom)
>    theImportCursor.ImportText(theImportFile, chr(9),
> EndOfLine.Macintosh, "ASCII")
>
> I think the parameters in your SQLSelect statement are incorrect. But
> also I do not use the 5th parameter (InHasHeaderColumn which defaults
> to False) for ImportText.

You're right, I had switched the LockType and CursorDirection, and skipped
CursorLocation entirely. My new code is this:

  curs = gDB.SQLSelect( "SELECT * FROM Zip_Codes WHERE false",
EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kReadWrite,
EVCursorDirection.kRandom )
  curs.ImportText( f, chr( 9 ), chr( 13 ), "ASCII", true )

This works. Thanks.

Note that EVCursorLocation.kClientSide does not work. Should it?

And, even if the answer is "no," it still shouldn't quit without at least an
exception, should it?