[V4RB] ImportText not working

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at goodeast.com
Sun May 22 14:07:14 CDT 2005

On May 22, 2005, at 12:28 PM, Kem Tekinay wrote:

> ImportText is broken in 2.0.4fc1. When I use it, my app quits without
> so
> much as an exception or crash report, but the same code works in 2.0.3.
>
> This is the code, straight from the VDB example in my Data-On-Demand
> ListBox:
>
>   curs = gDB.SQLSelect( "SELECT * FROM Zip_Codes WHERE false",
> EVCursorDirection.kForwardOnly, EVLockType.kReadWrite )
>   curs.ImportText( f, chr( 9 ), chr( 13 ), "ASCII", true )

FYI, ImportText is working fine for me in 2.0.4fc1. My code is:

   theImportCursor = mDatabase.SQLSelect(theSQLString,
EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kReadWrite,
EVCursorDirection.kRandom)
   theImportCursor.ImportText(theImportFile, chr(9),
EndOfLine.Macintosh, "ASCII")

I think the parameters in your SQLSelect statement are incorrect. But
also I do not use the 5th parameter (InHasHeaderColumn which defaults
to False) for ImportText.

Best regards,
Frank Schima