[V4MD] problems with importing ascii text

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Wed May 18 09:21:46 CDT 2005

> FWIW, We've developed many MD projects in science
> education using a Valentina database, and highly
> formatted text has always been a challenge.

I'm finishing up a large project with about 1000 long medical journal articles
and another 1300 shorter formatted text pieces using Valentina 1. I imported the
RTF files into Director as #text members and stored the #text members in a blob
field in Valentina. Then I can easily retrieve them in an instant when needed.
For printing, I'm using PDFs of the same RTF files and Impressario, since
Director won't let you print #text members properly. Works like a charm.

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology
Hypix Media, Inc.