Encoding in Valentina 1.11

Bill Mounce billmounce at comcast.net
Wed May 18 07:19:05 CDT 2005

Ruslan,

Yes, everything is being done on a Mac, the import file is set to
MacRoman, encodings set to MacRoman, and I use convertEncoding when
setting the value of a field. But when I try to save it to Valentina,
or take it out of Valentina and write a text file, the encoding messes
everything up.

I am sure it is an issue with Valentina because if I just read in a
text file, process it, and write out a new text file, doing all the
same things I am doing with Valentina except for saving it, everything
works,

I set all the fields in Valentina to "ENGLISH". I assume this means to
tell Valentina to use MacRoman (or something similar).

Any other suggestions?

BIll

P.S. Do you have the samples done for Valentina 2.0? I read through the
documentation but there are enough differences that I wanted to see the
single table example.

On May 17, 2005, at 4:04 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 5/17/05 6:45 AM, "Bill Mounce" <billmounce at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I am still struggling with encoding. When I save a record, and it has
>> character like µ (option m) or ƒ (option f) on the Mac, it converts it
>> to another encoding. Is there a way to tell Valentina 1.11 that the
>> text is MacRoman and just leave it at that?
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> So you enter strings on MAC?
>
> And read them back on MAC ?
>
> Have you set for field language "English"
>

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Ruslan Zasukhin
> VP Engineering and New Technology
> Paradigma Software, Inc

> http://www.paradigmasoft.com
>
> [I feel the need: the need for speed]

Bill

For the finest in online, free, evangelical teaching visit
www.BiblicalTraining.org.