Creating on-the-fly-table

Charles Cohen rwc1717 at shaw.ca
Mon May 16 10:10:22 CDT 2005

Hi Ruslan:
Is not the temporary table  'xmlTemp'  that I create in RAM?

I cannot use the cursor-to-xml as the routine.
The listbox displays all available archived records.
One then uses checkboxes to select which records one wants to dump from
the two tables...one table has the identifying info for the equity and
the other table has up to 12 records/year that contains the
month/year/a string of the month's closing proces of each equity and a
ID field (that I use like a ptr).

I then retrieve the recordset for the particular records one wants
dumped from the first table (what I posted).  The code has yet to
include the second search of my other table to add to the temporary
vtable the particular record(s) that the user wants. ie: which
year/month/daystring/priceIDA?.
Then I can dump the temporary table to the xml file.

Too bad about the..
> My first attempt at creating the xml file, I tried to remove the
> records I didn't want from the already existing tables...dumping the
> balance to the xml file but not flushing....
> The records got deleted anyways?

Interesting.
In fact our C++ code can dump into XML the Cursor itself.
Because in C++ Vcursor inherits I_Table.
Since REALbasic still have problems with interfaces we was not able
implement this ideas...
Well, I think we can simply add
     Vcursor.Dump()
     Vcursor.LoadDump()
This will be more effective than way you try.
Although we still should resolve problem on your current way.

Becuase of what  I explained above...I do not have one cursor that will
contains all that I want to dump.

The databases are very small.... the archive database has only about 15
records in 2 tables(3 if you count the one I am working with in the
above problem) and another 150-200 in two tables of the main database.
If I am to send you the project I must send both.  Do you want the
V4RB_ log.text file also?

I shortened the code to reflect
  v.StringField("HighA").Value = rs.Field("HighA").GetString()
  However, the first v.Stringfield call hits the
NilObjectException...vtable doesn't exist.
Moreover, if I remark out the offending code and supposely dump the
database structure to the xml file "charts.xml"...v.Dump( fiXML, 2,
2,indumpformat)...
it ain't there:-(.
And Dropping the temporary tabel still fails
ie: MyADB.DropTable(v) with "this method or property does not
exist...." error

So what is the address to send the project to?

To recreate the above....
1) File - Archives
2) Check off first record
3) press 'Make XML File' bevelbutton
Code is located in
Otherwindows - ArchWindow - Controls - bva().action (index = 3)

The Valentina debugger is on and is located in App.Open.

I will stuff the complete directory and send it off.

BTW, I do receive Andrey's emails...I simply cannot reply to them.
 >>Try communicate via Valentina Studio list...Is this the
valentina at lists.macserve.net?
Where do I find Studio 2.08b or is it available yet?

I apologize for the length.

Thanks Chuck