Creating on-the-fly-table

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 16 17:52:39 CDT 2005

On 5/16/05 4:39 PM, "Charles Cohen" <rwc1717 at shaw.ca> wrote:

>      fiXML = GetFolderItem("charts.xml")
>      indumpformat = true
>      v.Dump( fiXML, 2, 2,indumpformat)
>      MyADB.DropTable("xmlTmp")
>      msgbox "XML File"
>
> I retreive the record but I get NilObjectEception for any of attempts
> at writing the data to the new table whether trying to use a cursor or
> trying to use a table, as well as, the MyADB doesn't drop it when I
> ask.
>
> My first attempt at creating the xml file, I tried to remove the
> records I didn't want from the already existing tables...dumping the
> balance to the xml file but not flushing....
> The records got deleted anyways?
>
> What is my problem?

Interesting.

In fact our C++ code can dump into XML the Cursor itself.
Because in C++ Vcursor inherits I_Table.

Since REALbasic still have problems with interfaces we was not able
implement this ideas...

Well, I think we can simply add

    Vcursor.Dump()
    Vcursor.LoadDump()

This will be more effective than way you try.
Although we still should resolve problem on your current way.