[V4REV] Advice 2 about func names

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri May 13 09:51:48 CDT 2005

On May 13, 2005, at 3:16 AM, Robert Brenstein wrote:
>> Robert, to use new style, we have NO efforts.
>> We remove then some overhead code of 1.x which was here to make it
>> compatiable to xCards.
>>
>> New functions also will make it faster, because now I remove own
>> layer of
>> mapping of function names.
>
> But if we want wrappers in our programs, we have to do it in our code
> then, and transcript is slower than C in that respect. So give some,
> take some.

Robert,

What kind of wrappers are you thinking about?  For my libraries I am
usually wrapping a concept (get table rows, update table, add to table,
etc.) so there is no branching in what Valentina function is being
called.  In this case a speed bump in the external would be great and I
wouldn't lose anything on the transcript side.  Are you using wrappers
that take the function name and any additional parameters as needed?
If so I'm curious as to why.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia