[V4REV] Advice 2 about func names

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu May 12 23:47:28 CDT 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 10:46 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Hmm, I have think that Revolution can easy
>
>     SEARCH and REPLACE something inside of own projects ?
>
> I was going to offer you, to write small utility,
> I think in 10 lines of code,
> Which can open existed REV project and change
>
>     Valentina( "FooName", ... )

>     Valentina_FooName( ... )
>
> Simple REGEX search....
> Where you see problems?

This wouldn't be a problem at all.  You could easily create a little
stack that could search scripts of all open stacks (stack script,
card script any object scripts) and do the replace.  Just make sure
you don't touch any of the Revolution IDE stacks.

> Guys, I really want go with new API.
>
> * It make Valentina for Revolution similar to our other procedural
> syntax
>
> * it make calls faster
>
> * it simplify our own work, because we should not spend time to
> support own
> table of function calls.

These sound like excellent reasons for making the change.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com