[V4REV] Advice 2 about func names

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 13 08:46:31 CDT 2005

On 5/13/05 5:30 AM, "Trevor DeVore" <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

> On May 12, 2005, at 4:23 PM, Robert Brenstein wrote:
>> Not to rain on the parade but IMHO this increases chances of name
>> conflicts beyond comfortable and makes the code less self-
>> documenting. I rather type a few chars more.
>
> It is really only a two character difference between the two
> variants.  I was just joking around about having to type less.  I do
> like the proposed syntax more than the Valentina("") stuff (just
> because it seems "right") but I could see how that could create
> problems for someone who has the code sprinkled all over their
> projects.  It really isn't a big deal either way for me.

Hmm, I have think that Revolution can easy

    SEARCH and REPLACE something inside of own projects ?

I was going to offer you, to write small utility,
I think in 10 lines of code,
Which can open existed REV project and change

    Valentina( "FooName", ... )

    Valentina_FooName( ... )

Simple REGEX search....
Where you see problems?

Guys, I really want go with new API.

* It make Valentina for Revolution similar to our other procedural syntax

* it make calls faster

* it simplify our own work, because we should not spend time to support own
table of function calls.