Copy raw image data from one DB to another

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 9 20:09:09 CDT 2005

On 5/9/05 8:07 PM, "Chuck Neal" <chuck at mediamacros.com> wrote:

> I am still struggling with my export feature with Valentina 1.x
>
> I have a field that contains picture data that is compressed.  I am
> trying to avoid extracting it, then reinserting it into another
> database.  This is slow, it takes up a lot of RAM if I don't immediately
> delete the image, it double compresses the image which could degrade the
> quality,  and it seems to throw random errors if I have both databases
> open at once.
>
> Is there a way to actually grab the content of the field and insert it
> into another database as a raw value (via Director) without having to
> re-compress?

You ask about moving picture from 1.x db to 1.x db?
Or to 2.0 db ?

In C++ such ways exists. But V4MD developers are not so advanced,
And the main Director itself do not allow you easy work with RAM.

In 2.0 we can have SaveToFile() LoadToFile() functions.
Which read/write BLOB as is.

1.x do not have such methods.