VXCMD 1.x and Revolution 2.1

diskot123 at juno.com diskot123 at juno.com
Sun May 8 19:59:11 CDT 2005

I haven't worked for Revolution for months and don't anymore. Suggest you contact support at runrev.com

-- Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 22:26:19 +0300
Subject: VXCMD 1.x and Revolution 2.1
From: Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
To: "valentina at lists.macserve.net" <valentina at lists.macserve.net>,
	Tuviah M Snyder <diskot123 at juno.com>
X-UNTD-UBE:-1
Hi All,
Hi Tuviah,

I have start develop Valentina for Revolution 2.0
But still cannot even make it work.

So I have decide try to run latest VXCMD.
Revolution 2.1 already contains inside VXCMD_Macho.
So I have just open our example,
Correct external to point that VXCMD_Macho.
Run and it not works.

What I do not correctly ?

As I understand many VXCMD developers use Revolution 2.1.

Please advice, I do not see what is going on and where is problem.

-------------
2) Tuviah,

I have to see that Rev 2.1 comes with very old version of VXCMD.
Something as 1.9 beta.

When I have try remove VXCMD_Classic shared library from rev folder,
Revolution just stop to start.

IMHO this is not good, you should use weak linking to shared libs,
Than more to Valentina.

I now wonder, how people are able to use VXCMD of newer versions?

* You drop newer VXCMD into REV folder and in the stack point it ?

* This do not cause conflict of 2 shared libs ?
    REALbasic in this case become crazy.

3) Tuviah,

One more question. I do not see how external do get unicode strings.
I see that comes Mcstring, it is of char*.
And I assume this is not UTF8

So how Revolution talk to externals with unicode ?