UTF8

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat May 7 12:30:52 CDT 2005

On 5/7/05 11:17 AM, "Olivier Vidal" <vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr> wrote:

>> Yes, on Monday we will start new optimization.
>> We need put our FAT on cache.
>>
>> It was bad lack, we have miss this area. So it is not cached now and
>> touch
>> disk each time. This slow down a lots.
>
> OK, very good !
>
> But it is pity that the implementation of the UTF8 is not still
> priority...

I think this will happens in June

Btw. I have made small test SQL Lite vs Valentina.
Just one string field and few numeric.
Add 100k and 1M of records.

Size of Valentina database is 30% less, even although Valentina
Store data as UTF16.

This was without indexes. Indexes even more add diference.

> I think that that would boost Valentina a lot (90 % of the needs of
> speed are on texts) for a lot of people (it has to have 50 to 70 % of
> the customers of Valentina there who need the UTF8 I think ?).

Probably.