UTF8

Olivier Vidal vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Sat May 7 10:17:13 CDT 2005

Le 7 mai 05, à 09:52, Ruslan Zasukhin a écrit :

> Yes, on Monday we will start new optimization.
> We need put our FAT on cache.
>
> It was bad lack, we have miss this area. So it is not cached now and
> touch
> disk each time. This slow down a lots.

OK, very good !

But it is pity that the implementation of the UTF8 is not still
priority...
I think that that would boost Valentina a lot (90 % of the needs of
speed are on texts) for a lot of people (it has to have 50 to 70 % of
the customers of Valentina there who need the UTF8 I think ?).
Furthermore, the size of databases would be strongly decreased (the
majority of databases consist largely of texts).

thank you

olivier