V4MD 2.0.3fc5

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 6 02:02:08 CDT 2005

On 5/6/05 1:47 AM, "Christopher Bishop" <CBishop at alfred.com> wrote:

> I tried 2.0.3.
>
> The example Table_CreateDrop now seems to work like it
> did before.  I was always able to create tables and databases, but I
> still cannot run sqlselect statements on databases.
>
> After running the Table_CreateDrop cast, I run the
> following:
>
> gDB.createStringField( "field1")
> gDB.sqlexecute("INSERT INTO Table1 (field1) VALUES (
> 'teststring' )" )
> --OR
> gDB.sqlexecute("INSERT INTO Table1 VALUES ( 'teststring'
> )" )
> --either one works
>
> Everything is fine,

So far so good, yes?

Btw, SQlExecute() returns The Number of Affected Rows.
It is good idea to assign that value

    recs = gDB.sqlexecute( ...

Also it is good idea to check error code AFTER each SQlExecute().
Because if error there was you do not see this and try work on bad
objects/data

> but then -
>
> dbCursor = gDB.sqlSelect( "select * from Table1", #kClientSide, #kReadOnly )

> -- **** VStudio Debug Area ****
    I do not understand, why here Vstudio words ?
    you talk here about Director and its message window?