[V4MD Mac Servermode]

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 6 01:45:46 CDT 2005

On 5/6/05 1:27 AM, "Peter Salomon" <peter.salomon at gmx.net> wrote:

Hi Peter,

> hi ruslan,
>
> i played with the examples, because i got errors trying to run my
> project in Servermode. I can create my database in API way. But it
> seems that sql query is not possible in Server mode. VServer and V4MD
> crash hard on sql querys. After restarting VServer and Director a
> connection between them is not established. Restarting the computer
> lets it hang while shutting down...
>
> i tried to find out in the examples:
>
> 1.
> if you start lession file 3 a second time, VServer tells you that
> database1 already exists on the server and because of that it cannot
> create a new one.
> It seems, that "gdatabase.open()" fails. Error is 532480 but i get no
> string for it.

But this is how this example works! :-)

Hmm, it needs add words to describe this.
Actually I self was scary when have to see ERROR in the server log :-)

If you look into logic of this example,
You will see that it try at first open db with name "database1",
if fail (then it create database with such name).

So all right here.