[V4MD Mac Servermode]

Peter Salomon peter.salomon at gmx.net
Fri May 6 00:27:53 CDT 2005

hi ruslan,

i played with the examples, because i got errors trying to run my
project in Servermode. I can create my database in API way. But it
seems that sql query is not possible in Server mode. VServer and V4MD
crash hard on sql querys. After restarting VServer and Director a
connection between them is not established. Restarting the computer
lets it hang while shutting down...

i tried to find out in the examples:

1.
if you start lession file 3 a second time, VServer tells you that
database1 already exists on the server and because of that it cannot
create a new one.
It seems, that "gdatabase.open()" fails. Error is 532480 but i get no
string for it.

2.
editing the examples to "gClient = true" i cannot use them in
Servermode. I get a connection error. I did not find the differences
to Lesson 3 example yet.

so far - sorry that i can´t tell more details, tomorrow more...
peter