Creating a text field

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 6 00:58:28 CDT 2005

On 5/6/05 12:53 AM, "Barney" <barney at custombased.com> wrote:

Hi Barney,

> Hi,
>
> How do I create a TEXT field ?
>
> Bo = App.DB.Baseobject("Table1")
>
> If BO <> Nil then
>
>   Fld = BO.CreateField( 17, ???, ???)  //creation of text field.
>
> End if
>
> Searched doc's but can't locate this.
>
> I know I must supply segment size and language but how are these expressed ?

If we talk about v2 then

    Table.CreateTextField( name, segment, flags, Method )

If we talk about 1.x then in V4RB_Reference_1 page 27

For TEXT field you should specify Param1 as the size of the segment in bytes
specify Param2 as Language:

    boPerson.CreateField( ³Notes², kV_TypeText, 5 * 1024 )
    boPerson.CreateField( ³Notes², kV_TypeText, 5 * 1024, "German" )