Problems with table. What does this mean?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu May 5 00:00:10 CDT 2005

On 5/4/05 11:05 PM, "Kem Tekinay" <ktekinay at mactechnologies.com> wrote:

> On 5/4/05 3:52 PM, Scott Runkel at srunkel at hypix.com wrote:
>
>> I agree. Daily backups are a 100% necessity, as well as perhaps weekly
>> snapshots
>> so that backups are not written over with corrupt files before you know they
>> are
>> corrupt.
>
> I am writing an e-mail archive app with Valentina on the backend. I have a
> client who, right now, has 250,000+ e-mails to archive, and I estimate that
> the database will reach sizes in excess of 60 GB. My client is going to be a
> little miffed when I tell him that my proposed solution will require an
> Xserve RAID for backups.
>
> (I'm being factitious, of course, but this will present a serious challenge
> if I plan to market this commercially. I was under the impression that
> Valentina had recovery tools built-in.)

We have diagnose tools.

Actually recovery of any complex format db files, is not simple task.
And even worse I think not always possible.

Ivan (our developer) can tell you many stories about his work in bank area,
that even cool and powerful Sybase with all their transactional and log
mechanisms did file to recover after failure. And only backup was
life-safer.