V4RB2 Command Check #619

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Sun May 1 20:06:57 CDT 2005

Hi,

I use a function to make cursors and have following code. With 1.10it
works since years fine. with 2.0.3fc6 with a SQL it crashes. The fun
is, that I have to call same SQL 3times until app crashes :-((
I am making stand alone apps. Is my coding wrong?
Until 2.0.3fc4 I could reproduce problem in ViSQL, but since 2.0.3fc5
doesn't crash any more.

   dim msg as string

   try
     return DB.SQLSelect(SQLString, EVCursorLocation.kServerSide,
EVLockType.kNoLocks, EVCursorDirection.kRandom)
   catch ve as VException
     //Fehlermeldung ausgeben
     msg = "Bittel melden Sie diesen Fehler... " + EndOfLine
     msg = msg + EndOfLine + "Error Number: " + Str(ve.ErrorNumber)
     msg = msg + EndOfLine + "Error Text: " + ve.Message
     msg = msg + EndOfLine + SQLString + EndOfLine
     msg = msg + TextStat18+" "+cstr(App.MajorVersion)+"."+cstr
(App.MinorVersion)+"."+cstr(App.BugVersion)
     If App.NonReleaseVersion<>0 then
       msg=msg+"b"+cstr(App.NonReleaseVersion)
     end if
     msg = msg + EndOfLine + "an MoneyControl at ClaSai.de"
     MsgBox msg
   end try

by

Claudius