v4rb2.0.3fc5 difficulties

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun May 1 18:31:36 CDT 2005

On 5/1/05 3:57 AM, "Robert Nichols" <robert at formworkdesign.com> wrote:

Hi Robert,

> Is anyone testing this version with the new vServer of the same release?
>
> I'm getting nowhere. I got all excited, thinking my problems were
> solved when I noticed the VServer_Embedded.ini file establishes the
> listening port on 15433. Doesn't the client use 15432 by default?

Answer:

* we have now 2 servers:
    Vserver Office      use port 15432 on default
    Vserver Embedded    use port 15433 on default

So both these server products can run on the same computer.

We have made this to avoid problems if developer will install on his
computer both servers.

* Vclient now has the following logic:
    it try connect to 15432.
    if fails then it try connect to 15433.

This not cause any overhead, because developers that use Embedded Vserver
should setup own port number.

> Anyway, changing the .ini file to use port 15432 didn't help anything.

See Next letter.