Further thoughts on Converting V1 DB to V2 format

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Mar 29 11:09:42 CST 2005

On 3/29/05 2:32 AM, "Tim James" <tjames1 at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Since my last list I have been experimenting with various Db I have had
> lying around and it is clear that Db that work in the 1 environment
> will not easily input to Convert_1_2.
>
> What would be very valuable is a diagnose utility that applies the
> rules/discipline to work in Convert_1_2 to V1 DB.(Diagnose in Valentina
> Carbon throws no errors yet conversion crashes)

Tim,

Convert_1_2() must be able convert ANY database.
That is the target.

So send us your database. Or better project which generate it.
We will debug here.

> Or is a better strategy to build a new empty Db in Studio and then
> import Data from export from Valentina Carbon - issue of objptrs is of
> course the major problem - is there an easy solution to this?

If you are single user of db, and you need only ONCE do this work, then you
can do import/export of course.

Also you can try XML way.
Also should work/

Convert_1_2 is made for developers who have distribute app to users,
So they need way automatically convert exists 1.x ds.