update problems

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Mar 26 10:43:08 CST 2005

On 3/26/05 3:05 AM, "Capra J'neva" <sonicinema at yahoo.com> wrote:

> When creating a new database, it would not write
> unless the fields & bases were in quotes.

Please show me your SQL CREATE TABLE.

Must be without any quotes

    CREATE TABLE Person ( Name string[40] )

> When
> reading from it, it won't read without them in quotes.
>  Which way is it to be?

Tables and field should not be in quotes.

Only if you have table or field name with spaces then you may use []

    CREATE TABLE [Person] ( [Name With Spaces] string[40] )

But better avoid spaces.

> So now, when writing back into an existing database
> things don't go in quotes?  But I was having trouble
> with it that way too...hard crashes.

Make sure that you have good db.
Open it in VAPP or vsutio and do DIGANOSE.
If db is bad then rebuild it.

If db is good. Then something is wrong in code

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com