Updating from V4MD v1 to v2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jun 29 17:37:24 CDT 2005

On 6/29/05 4:39 PM, "Andrew Sinning" <andrew at learningware.com> wrote:

Hi Andrew,

> I have a product out in the world that uses V4MD version 1 (1.9.8).  If
> I want to release an update of the product with the latest official
> release of version 2,

> what process will need to be done on the existing
> customer dbs when saved for the first time as version 2 dbs?

V4MD2 have function

    Valentina.Convert_1_2()

That convert db format.

> Because I haven't had any problems with version 1.9.8, until my recently
> reported kernel errors, I hadn't planned on updating to version 2.  But
> now I am considering it.

Frankly saying I again will recommend you consider in the first turn upgrade
to 1.11, because to upgrade to 2.0 you will need redo code of your project.

> Question: What incompatibility hiccups can I expect when I upgrade?

Few SQL changes.

And some changes in API of V4MD.

> Question: Is the current official release of version 2 as stable as the
> last official release of version 1?

Hard to say Andrew.
2.0 engine do not play yet in so many projects as 1.x.