[V4RB] Crash similar to Damon's (was RE: test file from Damon)

Sims, John ayu8 at cdc.gov
Fri Jun 24 08:16:36 CDT 2005

Hi Ruslan,

I don't know if this might be related to your problem or not, but with
FC9 I am getting a 'Inventory corruption of index "Unknown"' error with
my project with steps similar to Damon's.  I do not think I have made
any changes to my code that could cause this but it was so late at night
when this happened that I didn't have time to really debug or check the
examples to see if I could reproduce.  I thought I would bring this to
your attention now because I do not have any tables with 50 or more
fields so, if this is related, I thought it might help you determine the
problem.  Here are some details...

RB 5.5.5
Val 2.0.4fc9
MacOS 10.2.8

My app uses the Classes way, no SQL.  I have created Vtable subclasses
for all of my tables with appropriate Vfields.  I had not seen any
problems prior to FC8 (I only used FC8 for 1 night before FC9 was out so
I can't say for sure if the problem started in FC8 or FC9).

When my app starts up (running in RB debug mode, not as a "built" app)
the first time, it creates the database and populates a few tables with
initial/default data.  This seems to be working fine.  When I close the
app and run it again (again in RB debug mode), when it attempts to open
the database, I get the 'Inventory corruption of index "Unknown"'
message and it crashes out (I can't seem to catch the exception???).
All of this had been working fine until now.

Again, I have not had a chance to try the examples to see if I can
reproduce or look through my code for changes that could be causing
this.  I just wanted to pass the info on in case it helps you find
Damon's problem.  If I can make it reproducible either with the examples
or a small app, I'll file in Mantis.

Take care.

-John