[V4MD] a couple of problems

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 24 16:48:49 CDT 2005

On 6/24/05 11:43 AM, "Erich Geiersberger" <erichg at mcmm.com> wrote:

Hi Erich,

> Hi Ruslan and list,
>
> we are currently trying to get a project finished which has been
> started with version 1.11.

> It uses picture fields.
> We need to know if a picture has been uploaded to the database but it
> seems that this does not work with version 1.11. The reference says
> that if there is no picture in the field it would return null but it
> fact it returns an object reference even if there is no picture in a
> field.

Wait. The docs means next:

Let you do query:

    SELECT fldPicture FROM T

Now you have cursor. To see if current record have picture you can do

   if curs.Field("fldPicture").IsNull()
       -- there is no picture
   else
       -- we have picture so we read it
       curs.Field("fldPicture").GetPicture()
   end if

So NULL - means the VALUE NULL of database
You it seems expect NULL for object reference.
These are different things.

> So we tried to get the project running in OSX 10.2.8 and version 2.0.3
> Not an easy task since a lot needs to be recoded.

> I am feeling a little dumb now since we aren't even able to open the database.
> All we get is:
>
> error <null>()
>
> Here is what we get in the log file:

There is nothing shown in letter

> Please give me a starting point to solve our problems.
> - continue with v 1.11?

I think above explanation should help

> - Is there a possibility to detect if pictures are in a field?

    curs.field().IsNull

> - whats wrong with opening the database in v 2.0.3?

I cannot say so directly. It needs study
DIAGNOSE can help.

> - do we need to create a new one from scratch for v 2.0.3?

Today will be fc10.

Now ALL our tests are DONE. We need yet check projects of other users.
But there is hope that 2.0.4fc10 close to be stable.