[V4MD] a couple of problems

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Fri Jun 24 10:43:13 CDT 2005

Hi Ruslan and list,

we are currently trying to get a project finished which has been
started with version 1.11.

It uses picture fields.
We need to know if a picture has been uploaded to the database but it
seems that this does not work with version 1.11. The reference says
that if there is no picture in the field it would return null but it
fact it returns an object reference even if there is no picture in a
field.

So we tried to get the project running in OSX 10.2.8 and version 2.0.3
Not an easy task since a lot needs to be recoded.

I am feeling a little dumb now since we aren't even able to open the database.
All we get is:

error <null>()

Here is what we get in the log file:

 *   V 4 M D   * :   V a l e n t i n a . l o g T o F i l e ( ) . . .
 r e t u r n

 *   V 4 M D   * :   n e w   V D a t a b a s e . . .
 r e t u r n

 *   V 4 M D   * :   V D a t a b a s e . o p e n ( ) . . .
 	 P A R A M :   p a t h   =   " D u a l
 B : G e o r g M a n g  : D i r   O S X :workDB . v d b "
 E R R O R :   0 x F F F F F F D 9

 r e t u r n   r e s u l t   =   0

 E R R O R :   0 x F F F F F F D 9

 *   V 4 M D   * :   V D a t a b a s e . c l o s e ( ) . . .
 E R R O R :   0 x 9 9 5 1 7

 r e t u r n

 E R R O R :   0 x 9 9 5 1 7

 *   V 4 M D   * :   V a l e n t i n a . s h u t D o w n ( ) . . .
 r e t u r n

Please give me a starting point to solve our problems.
- continue with v 1.11?
- Is there a possibility to detect if pictures are in a field?
- whats wrong with opening the database in v 2.0.3?
- do we need to create a new one from scratch for v 2.0.3?

THX
Erich