test file from Damon

Damon Pillinger daisychain at iinet.net.au
Fri Jun 24 12:48:50 CDT 2005

Hi Ruslan,

I think I am tracking the problem down

When the database is opened and the tables and fields are created
everything is fine. I can read the schema's as long as the database is
still open.

But when I close the program, and run it again, as soon as it tries to
open the database it crashes.

Logically I must be doing something wrong to close the database

I use valentina.init (8*1024*1024,"","my serial") and valentina.shutdown
in the open and close methods of App

d1 is global variable of type VRBDatabase

To open

fn="Jensen-DatabaseAA.vdb"
d1=new vrBDatabase
d1.DatabaseFile=getfolderItem("").child(fn)
if d1.connect then
  ' all good and it processes fine
end if

To close

d1.commit
d1.close

also tried

d1.commit
d1.close
d1=nil

The database is 16145 KB in size with no data, just the tables and
fields.

Any Ideas?
Thanks