compilation Classic failed in rb2005

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jun 21 15:42:40 CDT 2005

On 6/21/05 1:54 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

> Sorry to barge in but I can't resist seeing these over-generalizations...
>
>> I think you perfectly see what happens in the world :-)
>> Soon PPC macs will die.
>
> Rubbish. PPC hardware is not gonna die just because newer Macs will
> run on Intel. Apple's hardware is known for longevity.
>
> OSX is 5 years old and even Apple admits that half of Mac users still
> haven't migrated. And even among those who did, quite a few run it on
> old G3s or G4s.
>
>> But you worry about very old OS 9 computes.
>
> Is G4 really so old? I have a few running OS9.

Who do not allow you switch to OS X on this G4?

> When talking really old, I have a mail server running under 8.1 on
> 7100 at one client (a department at a university).

And you use OLD software for this, right? :-)

>> You know I have read statistic, that OS 9 users almost NOTHING buy.
>
> Also rubbish as generalization. True only if you talk about general
> consumer software. And partly at least because most developers
> stopped producing newer versions for OS9, so there is little new to
> buy that they don't have.

CORRECT ROBERT !!!!!!!!!!!

The same will happens very soon with PPC macs.

> Totally irrelevant statistics if you talk about specialized programs.
> I know of people who have substantial client base among classic users
> and still making good money of them.

Ok, but they use OLD compilers, OLD tools, and so on.

>>>  Valentina 1.x is an answer
>
> But Paradigma seems to stop selling V1 products for which V2 is out.

Not exactly. We have some user which have buy not so far Valentina and
express wish to get serials for 1.x.