compilation Classic failed in rb2005

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jun 21 15:38:53 CDT 2005

On 6/21/05 1:54 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

> Sorry to barge in but I can't resist seeing these over-generalizations...

:-)

I knew this will start big flame

>> I think you perfectly see what happens in the world :-)
>> Soon PPC macs will die.
>
> Rubbish. PPC hardware is not gonna die just because newer Macs will
> run on Intel. Apple's hardware is known for longevity.

Robert,

I also long time MAC user, and remember this marketing phrases.
I self have sale MACs some time in the past. :-)

But I think times have changes.

There was time when MAC developer did have only MacOS 9,
And we have smile on WIN developers which have fight with
    win 3.1,  win 95, win NT

Now I think all in reverse.

Windows have many years stability. But we on MacOS jump as monkeys from
     Classic to Carbon, then to OS X Macho, then to Intel

I say hardware will start to die, because I think in ONE year you will see
the number of new apps for PPC reduced in times.

Very soon you will see that promised feature of FAT app become more and more
limited. Like we have see this with Carbon, which now is limited practically
to 9.2