Abnormal Quit Issues

Bob Keeney bkeeney at everestkc.net
Wed Jul 27 10:15:25 CDT 2005

We've been experiencing a fair amount of data loss when we quit our
application abnormally.  Normally I wouldn't be concerned too much
about it since we're in development phase and all sorts of bad things
happen.

However, yesterday, one of the beta testers opened a screen up that
simply viewed some records.  He hadn't added any new data, deleted
anything and then simply force-quit the application to see what would
happen.  I've verified that there is no record locking going on when
viewing the data.  He then opened the database again and could
visibly see some data not there.

What can we do to minimize this risk?  Has anyone else see this
behavior?

RB 2005 using 2.05fc5 on Tiger.

Thanks,
Bob Keeney