importFileInto method

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Wed Jan 12 16:25:30 CST 2005

At 15:53 12.01.2005, you wrote:
>I have a problem with the director importFileInto lingo method.

you should not use the importFileInto method as it uses way too much RAM,
use the member.filename property instead and get the image of the member
to insert, that's faster.

>I am using lingo to import an image file into a cast member. The image is
>located in a folder called 'images' which is in the same directory as the
>director movie. I am using the following code:
>importFileInto member "castMember", "images/picture.jpg"

you have to use the mac path delimiter, not the windows one.
I recommend using a function or global to set it once at the
beginning of your movie:

gPathDelim = (the moviePath).char[(the moviePath).chars.count]

that way you can make sure you have the correct path.

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Skype me 24/7: callto://martinkloss

Like the author? Buy the book: