[V4MD] small bug with missing LINK information on Mac

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Jan 7 09:35:21 CST 2005

Dear all,

I just figured out that there is a small bug with the Mac's Valentina xtra (version 1.11 ;) ).

I forgot to write the link information between two tables within my SQL statement. I know this is
wrong, but with Mac Director 10 at the moment the programme wants to get the number of records
Director crashes immediately. Before that it writes out the error 616-wrong expression.

This happens within the developer environment. I didn't try it out with a projector or shockwave.

Example

table1 -  field a1,b1
table2 -  field a2,b2

set query = "select a2 from table1,table2 where a1 = 'ABC'"
set gCursor = new( xtra "VCursor", GetRef(gDB), query )
cnt = GetRecordCount(gCursor)
->total crash without saving anything!

If I write it correctly
set query = "select a2 from table1,table2 where table1.a1 = 'ABC' and table1.b1=table2.b2"
it works fine.

Under Windows I was returned <void> and it didn't crash.

This behaviour would also be nice with Mac, because I forgot to save my project :(

Hans