Cursor size and memory/speed

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 18 15:26:04 CST 2005

On 2/18/05 3:13 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

> What about sql option to return only n top records?

If looks deeply, this option really speed up thins or optimise something in
very rare cases. In most case you still must build full joins, then do
sorting of all records and so on.

To really get speed up it needs to write quite special algs for major
operations. Not easy task.

In 2.0 we support syntax, and probably semantic of this,
Just I think it will not give speed up, just correct result.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com