OS 9 Crash with vServer V4MD

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 11 21:58:57 CST 2005

On 2/11/05 9:16 PM, "Paul Schwarz" <pschwarz at lexialearning.com> wrote:

Hi Paul,

> An update on our testing:
>
> The error is repeatable this way:
>
> 1) On Windows (or OS X, I assume), start vServer (our version is 2.0a63)
> 2) On MacOS 9.2.2, start Director.
> 3) In the Message Window, type this sequence (each line is a return):
>
> oServer = new(xtra "Vserver", {IP Address}, "sa", "sa", {port}, -1,
> {serialNum})
> oServer.openSession()
> oServer.closeSession()
> oServer.Shutdown()
>
> 5) Quit Director
>
> Director quits, and OS 9 locks up.
>
> If only the first line is typed (instancing the xtra), the OS freeze
> does not occur. If the second line is entered, the freeze happens
> regardless of the closeSession(), Shutdown(), or even
> valentinaShutdown() is called. Could it be that closeSession() isn't
> working?

Minor points:

* oServer.Shutdown()

    why you call this?
    this is to shutdown server itself.
    I think you do not want do this.

    I think you mean here ValentinaShutDown().

* I think that in any case freeze must not happens.
    well, this will be hard debugging.
    I will try to make it in the nearest days.

Question:

Paul, so here you use Vserver Xrta.
Actually in your app you also should to use Vdaatabse xtra
To open db on remote server, right?

Actually Vserver xtra is optional.
So question is: if work with Vdatabase Xtra, problem exists?

    new Vdatabase
    db.open( "dbnameOnServer" )

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com