OS 9 Crash with vServer V4MD

Paul Schwarz pschwarz at lexialearning.com
Fri Feb 11 14:16:49 CST 2005

Hi,

An update on our testing:

The error is repeatable this way:

1) On Windows (or OS X, I assume), start vServer (our version is 2.0a63)
2) On MacOS 9.2.2, start Director.
3) In the Message Window, type this sequence (each line is a return):

oServer = new(xtra "Vserver", {IP Address}, "sa", "sa", {port}, -1,
{serialNum})
oServer.openSession()
oServer.closeSession()
oServer.Shutdown()

5) Quit Director

Director quits, and OS 9 locks up.

If only the first line is typed (instancing the xtra), the OS freeze
does not occur. If the second line is entered, the freeze happens
regardless of the closeSession(), Shutdown(), or even
valentinaShutdown() is called. Could it be that closeSession() isn't
working?

-Paul