Os 9 client, OS X server crash

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 11 17:48:20 CST 2005

On 2/11/05 4:39 AM, "Paul Schwarz" <pschwarz at lexialearning.com> wrote:

Hi Paul,

> We're using 1.10 Mac client and 2.0a63 server. Everything is stable
> except this combination:
>
> OS 9.2.2 client to OS 10.3.7 server

Do you mean that if this client connect to Vserver Wiin,
Then it works fine?

> When our app quits, it crashes the whole client system. The server is
> fine, and doesn't report any errors in the log file. But, the client
> system has to be rebooted.

cool

> We are performing the CloseDB() and ValentinaShutdown() methods on
> closing. Is there any reason we should try the latest revs of the server
> and client xtra? I'd like not to if possible - all other combinations
> seem to work quite well.

For MacOS 9 we have use GUSI library that emulate POSIX API for Os9.
May be problem somewhere here...

And no any crash log yes?

May be you can somehow add own print of debug messages to see after which
exactly command we get crash?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com