Special symbols

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 11 15:53:42 CST 2005

On 2/11/05 3:23 PM, "Alexey Starchikhin" <ssa at sevenrays.ru> wrote:

> I tried to import it via  text file and  ODBC utility.  Now special symbols
> are here,  but they are wrong anyway. :(
> If i just import  this text file into Director text member, everything is
> allright,  encoding is corrapting during ODBC import or in Valentina field.

Alexey,

May be there is sense for you to try V4MD 2.0 ?
It support unicode, so this problem must go away.

For this you should subscribe to BETA list from our support page.
There you will get URL for download of 2.0

> I'll  try to use ImportASCII() method,  but i can't understand how it works.
> Can you explain in detail, what sql string needed to construct a Cursor for
> this method?   Just  "Select * from table"  or something else?

It can be "select * from table".

Also you can specify only fields you need and in the order you need.

    select f1, f4, f3

Also add WHERE to make cursors empty

    select * from T where Recid = 0

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com