[V4RB] Sorting japanese UTF8 in V4RB 1.11

ron barber rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Thu Feb 10 06:05:18 CST 2005

Hi everyone

I have been away from the list for a couple of days and missed these
two post about sorting and language settings.

I use Val 1 with Japanese all the time - VXCMD. (I would like to be
testing Val 2 but so far their has been no move to produce a VXCMD
product : ( although Ruslan assures me that it will eventually be added
to the product line.)

I have never been able to make the language settings work with Japanese
so I set all the fields to ACSII. The original text is SJIS not
Unicode, so it works fine. Sorting is also okay for the phonetic but
not for Kanji.

Perhaps if you have specific questions, you can respond and I can try
to help.

Ron