Won't Run Second Time

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Dec 30 19:52:00 CST 2005

On 12/30/05 7:38 PM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:

>> I on the other hand have absolutely no problem whatsoever in using the
>> RB
>> Class style and create my database in the exact manner as shown in the
>> "Classes way" examples.   I however had the benefit of using this code
>> very
>> late in the game after the V2 code was well established and quite
>> stable.
>> I've heard the complaint that Charles raises above from others
>> regarding
>> some horrible war stories in endeavoring to convert older V1 apps to
>> use V2,
>> at a time, I'm guessing, that the V2 code was far less stable.
>>

> That would be a good guess.  However, I find the so-called API approach
> easier while the database structure remains in flux.

This is correct.

    Class Style must be used when db structure if FIXED.

You Ed, now on early stage of development now, so you just create new db
each time if you change something. Will come time when you will FIX that.

After that (and if you have ship to end-users) you will need do much more
careful steps to change structure of EXISTED dbs.

On the other hand API Style also require from developer write code to CHANGE
structure of db if needed.