Opening Valentina v1.11 in Revolution

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Dec 17 12:52:42 CST 2005

On 12/17/05 12:13 PM, "David Vaughan" <dvk at dvkconsult.com.au> wrote:

Hi David,

> Thanks, I know I can do it with Valentina calls but I am a little
> surprised. Have you and RunRev not just promoted a free Valentina
> v1.12 with new Revolution purchases? I did not notice any caveats on
> how it worked.

I still can be wrong about RevDB.

But note, Valentina XCMD was born with its API much before RevDB was
introduced in Revolution.

VXCMD work not only with Revolution, but with Metcard (its father :-)
And Hypercard and SuperCard.

So RevDB was just addition to VXCMD. It is not primary API of access.

RevDB for example do not allow you have encrypted database, and use other
db-specific features. RevDB try generalize API for all.

> Anyway, another question. I understood that the MacOSX version of
> Valentina included a licence to run Valentina Carbon, the database
> editor. However, it times out after ten minutes and the key for
> Valentina is not accepted by it. I could not find the editor or any
> licensing for it on the paradigmasoft web site. Is it separately
> licensed or is it included? In either case, how do I make it happen
> please?

Valentina APPlication (VAPP) is not included into Revolution offer.
VAPP is bundled only with VXCMD mac+win option.

You can download, use and purchase Valentina Studio,

This is new application which still have plugin to  work with 1.x dbs.
It work on mac and windows, it can connect work as with local dbs so with
Valentina Server dbs, it have ODBC import and other features which are
absent in VAPP.